In the word of the two Shaykhs, on the twenties of Safar, the harem of Imam al-Husayn (a.s.) arrived in al-Madinah returning from Syria. On this day too, Jabir ibn ‘Abdullah al-Ansari, the first to visit the tomb of Imam al-Husayn (a.s.), arrived there. It is recommended to visit the holy tomb of Imam al-Husayn (a.s.) on this day. Concerning this, Imam al-Hasan al-’Askari(a.s.) is reported to have said: “The signs of a true believer are five:
(1) offering a fifty-one units of Daily obligatory and supererogatory prayers,
(2) visiting the tomb of Imam al-Husayn on the twentieth of Safar (i.e. Ziyarat al-Arba’in),
(3) putting a ring in the right hand,
(4) covering one’s forehead with dust (i.e. prostrating oneself to Almighty Allah earnestly),
(5) repeating the Bismillah audibly in certain prayers.